Saturday, December 12, 2009

Number 7--General Update

Successful choir concert this evening. One down, one to go. I got a nice letter in the mail today from the First Presbyterian Church, thanking me for visiting last Sunday. They also included some pamphlets and information which was mildly helpful. I would recommend the church to others. Still, for me, it is not the answer.

Plans for this Sunday are still up in the air, but I would like to check out the Methodist church on Second South (on the corner of either Second or Third east), and I also want to learn more about the Universalist church. I will post more as I learn more.

In other news, the semester is winding down, and I still haven't made a proper start to my International Law paper. I have a bunch of material which I think will be good background reading, but I am still not sure what my thesis is going to be. It will be a stressful week or two figuring it all out.

It is snowing again tonight and the view over the valley is quite nice. I am hoping that it stays warm over the weekend and that we continue to get snow. I'm really starting to fell the holiday spirit, though that may only be due to the fact that someone in my building had started burning some holiday-scented candle. Still, Happy Holidays, World!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we're blogger friends now :)

    I too enjoy exploring religion - have you been to the Islamic mosque or the Buddhist temple yet? Cool places. And the Presbyterians know how to make something gorgeous out of red sandstone, that's for sure. Happy end of school time, hope to see you climbing more!

    ReplyDelete